6. Is Kindness Bigger OR Forgiveness?

Loads have been said about kindness, forgiveness and inspiration around the world but do we really understand what it takes to be real? A human being who feels so deeply, loves so passionately and waits so eagerly just to be accepted, loved back and taken care of. Maybe it’s a continuous process of change, struggle and patience.

Forgiveness – What does it actually mean? We talk so much about forgiveness, we are taught that it’s a good trait to have, you become the nicer one. Is it so? Maybe for a lot of us but what I think is that forgiveness is more about understanding what the other goes through. When you forgive, you open more doors for them to be open to you and talk to you about how they feel and what they have been experiencing in life. They trust you even more because they realize that if you can forgive, feel and accept it, you can also understand.

Kindness – This roots from experience as per what I have observed. It doesn’t come as a trait directly, it’s not in built but the arrogance and way we experience the harsher situations of life, the larger part of kindness comes to us if we maintain positivity. It’s very difficult to stay calm and let the storm pass but once it does, the wave of kindness becomes natural. We become more open to ourselves and life, whatever it throws, we have an attitude to go through it and make the most out of what it could have been.

So what do we consider bigger? Forgiveness or Kindness?

I feel we only forgive once we have started becoming kind, when we know how it feels to be forgiven. It comes with time, not particularly age or experiences but with stages of life which teach us to extend the good and erase the bad. Likewise, kindness stems from forgiveness, when we tend to forgive, we become kinder, more emotional and courteous. We know how it feels to be treated the nicer way. We know why it is important to be kind. We know why that vibe is important for us and for everyone around.

Today, take a step back and go through all the moments when you have been kind to people even when they might not have deserved it and forgave people who didn’t realize the importance of it. Come back to reality and feel good that you have grown up. We have all been exposed to the darker side of growing up but if we think this way, we will realize that growing up has its brighter side too and this is what keeps us going.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend and I wish you a brighter, positive and smiling Sunday. 🙂

Writing my way all this November with BlogHer and #NaBloMoPo.

nablopomo_badge_2016

1. Anisha jaim November 6, 2016 @ 7:27 am

Nice post
    I like the meaning of forgiveness give by you

FROM
    ANISHA JAIN
    ( http://www.proudtobespecial.blogspot.in)

• adodani November 7, 2016 @ 11:30 am

2. Jaibala Rao November 6, 2016 @ 10:35 am

I agree forgiveness can only come with kindness. I have grown up a lot, but I don’t think I am kind and I am really unforgiving I feel especially with myself. So, I can’t really what is bigger kindness or forgiveness.
    Jaibala Rao recently posted…21 Things You Probably Knew About MeMy Profile

• adodani November 7, 2016 @ 11:32 am

3. Seema Wadhwa November 6, 2016 @ 11:21 am

There’s a thin line between kindness and forgiveness. But you rightly pointed, we’re not gonna forgive unless we’ve become kind 🙂

Such a sweet Sunday post!

• adodani November 7, 2016 @ 11:29 am

4. Roshan Radhakrishnan November 6, 2016 @ 9:33 pm

From personal experience, while I have forgiven a lot, I cannot say that it is an absolute for me. I chose to still remain kind but I dont know if I can forgive as easily as before… the important thing connecting both is ‘learning from it’ – learn from the experience of forgiving and kindness. IF someone appreciates it, it is positive. If someone chooses to use you, know not to invest in them.
    Roshan Radhakrishnan recently posted…A Single Candle in the Darkness #DearZindagiMy Profile

• adodani November 7, 2016 @ 11:29 am

Absolutely well analysed, Roshan 🙂 Thanks for dropping by.

5. Rohan Kachalia (@rohank01) November 7, 2016 @ 1:01 pm

When it comes to close family and friends, I always tend to forgive. But, when it comes to strangers or those people who are seldom in touch with me, I analyze the give take ratio and then decide upon being kind and forgive. So for me, both goes hand in hand.
    Rohan Kachalia (@rohank01) recently posted…Spotlight: A Time To Burnish by Radhika NathanMy Profile

• adodani November 7, 2016 @ 1:07 pm