Who Stole My Dustbin?

Aren’t dustbins one of the most important things ever invented? It’s a critical situation these days in terms of how to keep the city and country clean. While you have been seeing Swachch Bharat campaign all around the country making us pledge to keep our surroundings clean, I am going to tell you somewhat a different story today.

Since a few days I observed that the dustbin which was assigned near my desk is missing. I do have one around which I can use to dispose trash but the absence of it has fortunately left me with an idea to write a post on. Isn’t that great? We never know what will inspire us to write, so whenever you fall under the trap of writer’s block, try and observe and I am sure you will land up with something amazing to write.

Coming to the point, I want to emphasize on the trash of our thoughts. Depression is on rise, people are committing suicides and it is no joke, yes some people can make joke about anything. What is the cause of all the sad things happening around the world? Why are we surrounded by so much of negativity that we can’t focus and perform? I think the root cause is the lack of disposal, disposal of all the trash that’s going on in our heads. We do not put effort to throw out everything which is uselessly bothering us. Over thinking has ruined lives. We all know that certain things will not change, yet we hope, we suffer, we glorify pain in the name of being strong but at the end somehow we know what it will end up in. What we need to start doing is accepting and moving on. Yes, that’s nothing new told here. But, you know what? A little reassurance always works. And trust me, I have recently been through a lot of such situations which pushed me down the depression lane but luckily in time I pulled myself up just by some simple steps which I am going to reiterate here.

Are you also suffering from over thinking, self hurt, guilt, anger, frustration, pain, regret and much more? I am sure a lot of you can relate to this. The key is to start small. Distract. Distract yourself from the thought itself by doing something you love, something which makes you happy, something which makes you believe in yourself.

Love to play guitar? Do it now. Love to write? Why not pick up a pen and paper or blog? Love to socialize? Why not call up that friend and meet for a beer or two? Love talking to parents? Why not dial up that number on speed dial and just talk about anything under the sky with your mother or father?

These are just examples which I can think of. Each one of you has an identity, interests and a beautiful soul and mind. The world is yours. Your story is not over yet. I read this at Project Semicolon, which inspired me to get a semicolon tattoo on my hand. It made me feel good, I just went ahead and got it done. That’s the point. Making sure you do what fills you with joy, in this moment. Waiting just makes it worse because waiting makes more space for unnecessary thoughts and we do not want to do that right?

Once you start practicing this, you will eventually find ways to trash what is not needed. You need to build your own dustbin and decide what to throw, what to keep, what to recycle, what to reuse and what to treasure. I hope this message reaches the right people and helps because, friends, life is indeed short, and your being, your joy, your feelings, your emotions, your smile is very very important. Do not underestimate anything about yourself. You are important. You are valuable. You mean a lot to a lot of people. This life is your precious gift. Making it big doesn’t define your achievements, it’s these small decisions which help you live long for I believe that being happy, content and at peaceΒ is the best form of success.

Image result for dustbin

Don’t you know how many people are ready to trade their entire materialistic achievement for peace? I think this should answer a lot of your questions.

Signing off with demanding a small favor from you, if this really helped you, go to the mirror, smile for real, text someone you love, call someone you can’t wait talking to, hug someone you miss a lot, eat that piece of cake, drink that cup of coffee, listen to your favorite song 100 times in a row, but when should you do this all? NOW!

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter.

1. Modern Gypsy September 20, 2016 @ 7:40 pm

Quite an interesting piece. I do agree that overthinking gets us depressed. I also find that focusing on the “news” too much, with the constant negativity, gets us down. It’s really important to focus on the positives and count our blessings.

Interesting how a missing dustbin led to this post! πŸ™‚

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 9:39 am

News. Ah, too much of unnecessary information, I say. Thanks for reading and commenting πŸ™‚

2. menaka bharathi September 20, 2016 @ 7:53 pm

True Ashu, we have one life and running behind peers or getting pressurized on others achievements is driving people crazy. The world I feel is chasing something that is never going to be achieved, Inner Peace.. Well written, and what a way to start.

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 9:37 am

Thank you, Menaka. Agree, peace is the most important πŸ™‚

3. Jaibala Rao September 20, 2016 @ 9:35 pm

I remember reading about project semi colon a while back, and I remember thinking about it for a long while. They way we live our lives makes it so easy for us to feel lost, drained out and disillusioned with everything around us. It is important to remember what matters, and what is important to us in our lives.Usually, like you said the things high on your list of things that matter and make a difference will be the little things we tend to ignore.

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 9:36 am

Absolutely. To each its own but what matters is we start applying. Thanks Jai. πŸ™‚

4. Nidhi KM September 21, 2016 @ 1:44 am

Very valid article in today’s world!! Thanks for re enforcing.

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 9:36 am

Thank you for reading and commenting πŸ™‚ Appreciate it.

5. Dixita September 21, 2016 @ 12:32 pm

Very good write up.
    And if writers block like this can lead to such inspiring and positive posts, no will fear writers block then.

The little things that you mentioned can really empty our brains from false thoughts like depression, guilt and anger .

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 12:35 pm

Thanks a lot for the appreciation. πŸ™‚

6. Manisha Garg September 21, 2016 @ 12:47 pm

I liked the post. Quite agree that we overthink. Come from that category. Distraction helps a lot. It takes time to learn this art πŸ˜‰
    Really liked the way you connected..

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 12:49 pm

Thank you, thanks a lot Manisha, for reading, commenting and sharing πŸ™‚ Cheers!

7. Rajlakshmi September 21, 2016 @ 1:15 pm

This is a thought provoking post and I loved your analogy of the dustbin. People are so angry and bitter these days… One look at the social media sites will tell you how much negativity is there… If only they learn to figute themselves out first we would be living in a much more mature society. Loved that tatoo πŸ™‚

• adodani September 21, 2016 @ 1:43 pm

Thank you so much, Rajlakshmi. It only adds up to the positivity. πŸ™‚

8. Deepa September 21, 2016 @ 11:23 pm

Awesome..totally agree with you..we need to keep our thoughts positive and its very important to keep our mind occupied with something we love to do..hobbies and passions are a great way to stay happy πŸ™‚

• adodani September 23, 2016 @ 11:17 am

Exactly the point. Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing πŸ™‚

9. bheru lal gaderi September 26, 2016 @ 5:20 pm

i think every one choose a way live life, they decide that what is right or wrong, those stuff you give to others one day they comes to you in returns now you have to decide that what you want in your life, thanks buddy
    bheru lal gaderi recently posted…Career in Indian Agriculture field | shouttermouthMy Profile

• adodani September 26, 2016 @ 5:36 pm

Absolutely well said πŸ™‚

10. Nidhi D Bruce September 28, 2016 @ 8:50 am

Wow! That is a very powerful thought. It is really about time that we gave the humble dustbin its due. And as you so beautifully pointed out – the symbolic dustbin in our lives needs to be used regularly – to make our lives cleaner and more clutter free. Great post! Looking forward to reading more of your blog πŸ™‚

• adodani September 28, 2016 @ 10:18 am

Thank you, Nidhi. Appreciate dropping by and leaving a comment πŸ™‚

11. Vishal Jain September 30, 2016 @ 9:47 pm

Seriously. This somehow relates to my life too. And yes, while I was reading the second para, I thought I should write about the empty coffee Mug fell down on the floor and broken. It made a sound so loud that everyone on the floor was shocked. And we? We were laughing like anything. Yes, its up to us how we take our life, positively or negatively. Find fun in seriousness and vice versa too. Keep this good writing up man.

• adodani October 1, 2016 @ 10:15 pm

Thank you for reading, appreciating and commenting, man πŸ™‚